Farmhouse Near Lake Trasimeno & Fontignano Village, Perugia, Umbria
Villa with 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms + wc, sleeps up to 14.
L’Antica Sorgente is a large holiday villa close to the Tuscany Umbria border located to the south of Lake Trasimeno. It has the much sought after combination of spectacular views and privacy whilst being within walking distance of a village (Nearby Fontignano is 0.75km, it is uphill on return journey but those views don’t come without some effort!).
Fontignano has a small supermarket and a bar and nearby Tavernelle (5-10 minutes by car) has restaurants, larger supermarkets and a water park.
Please note that for more than 10 guests there is an extra charge of £80 per guest per week.
L’Antica Sorgente, Large Vacation Rental Villa Near Lake Trasimeno
L’Antica Sorgente (the ancient spring) is a holiday rental villa located above the village of Fontignano in Umbria. Surrounded by olive groves, the house is positioned below an old castle and there are lovely views across the hills to the south of Lake Trasimeno, scenery that features in the Renaissance paintings of the artist Perugino, who is buried in a small chapel in the village. The villa has 6 bedrooms (4 en-suite), four bedrooms are in the main building and two are in an adjacent annexe. The house has well tended gardens and the pool is located on a terrace below.
Downstairs, kitchen, utility room, living room, study, bathroom
The ground floor rooms are connected by wide arches. The kitchen is well equipped with AEG oven and 5 ring hob, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and juicer. In the adjacent utility room there is another fridge / freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and extra sink unit. Next to the kitchen is the dining area and beyond this the living space with sofas, fireplace and TV. There is access to the garden from the living room area via french windows. On the ground floor there is also a study area and bathroom with shower, WC and basin.
Upstairs, bedrooms 1, 2, 3 & 4 and three bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: master bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 2: double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3: double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 4: bedroom with bunk bed (sleeps 3) and washbasin.
The 4th bedroom bunk bed has a pull out mattress and can sleep two children on the bottom and one child on the top.
L’Antica Sorgente comprises two buildings, the main house and an adjacent annexe. The main house has an open plan downstairs with the rooms connected by wide arches, along with the kitchen and living room there is a bathroom and a utility room on this level. Four of the bedrooms and three bathrooms (2 of them en-suite) are upstairs in the main house. The annexe has two en-suite bedrooms, one double and one twin, there is also a living space off the double bedroom with two extra beds and cooking facilities.
Living area with twin beds and cooking facilities, double bedroom & twin bedroom, both with en-suite bathrooms.
- The living area has a small kitchen unit in one corner, a sofa and easy chair, there are also two twin beds in the living area should they be needed.
- Bedroom 5: beyond the living area is an en-suite double bedroom.
- Bedroom 6: separate entrance, twin bedrooms and en suite bathroom (WC and sink only)
Garden & Pool Area
The villa is set in 5 acres of olive groves and woodland. The area immediately around the house and pool is a well maintained garden with lawn and Mediterranean shrubs. The 11 x 5 metre pool is on a terrace below the house and is accessed by a stepped gravel path. Just outside the living room is a shady dining table covered with climbing plants. There is also a barbecue and outdoor sofas for relaxing here.
L’Antica Sorgente Weekly Prices In UK Pounds
- Note that these prices are for 10 people.
- Please add £80 a week for each person over 10 people
- Discounts for parties of 8 people or fewer available in May, June and September, please ask.
L’Antica Sorgente Availability Calendar
Fontignano is a village halfway between the city of Perugia and the town of Città della Pieve. The town of Chiusi is about 25 minutes away, from here you can join the A1 autostrada or catch a train giving you easy access to Rome (south) and Florence (north). Most of Umbria and a large part of Tuscany can easily be visited in day trips from here.
Visit Tuscany and Umbria From This Villa
Perugia, Assisi, Chiusi, Montepulciano, Arezzo, Gubbio, Cortona, Montefalco, Spoleto, Siena and Orvieto are all within an hour’s drive from L’Antica Sorgente.
Rome and Florence are each around two hour’s drive from this villa.
Aerial Video of L'Antica Sorgente
Photo Gallery, L’Antica Sorgente, Holiday Home, Tuscany Umbria Border, Italy
Submit your review
We had an amazing time at L'Antica Sorgente, so much so we are discussing going back next year.
Having stayed here with family and friends in early October, I would highly recommend this handsomely restored farmhouse. The house is beautifully furnished and well equipped, and the views from the terrace across the serene Umbrian countryside are superb. The perfect spot for sundowners after long walks in the surrounding hills.
This is a fantastic place to relax and unwind. A group of us stayed for a week. We took full advantage of the beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, and the terrace where you can have meals while the sun sets.
The nearby villages have a stunning Cathedral and delicious restaurants respectively, with winding streets and lots of sun-faded Italian terracotta. We spent a few evenings having dinner and gelato with the Perugian locals!
The house is very spacious and well appointed and the bedrooms are clean and comfortable with ensuite bathrooms and high ceilings with authentic Italian shutters. The pool is a good size (some of the more energetic enjoyed their morning lengths!) and a great place to lie in the sun as it is set in the lush gardens, where the lemon thyme grows along the path.
I had a truly wonderful holiday here. It is a very special place, with everything you need for a wonderful Perugian experience. Highly recommended.
Our week at L'Antica Sorgente was fantastic, the house has everything you need and the views are to die for. We will be back!
Lake Trasimeno holiday villa, Fontignano holiday villa, Villa near Città della Pieve, Umbria villa, Tuscany villa with pool, Vacation villa near Perugia.
- Villa location, near Fontignano, south side of Lake Trasimeno
- Walking distance to village (uphill return)
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms + wc
- Sleeps up to 14 people
- Pool (11 x 5 metres) with spectacular views
- Wifi, TV (Sky Italia), DVD player
- Daily maid cleaning service included in price
- 2 cots available, high chair, tumble dryer
- Within easy reach of Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Citta della Pieve, Cortona, Montepulciano, Siena, Florence and Rome
- Please see our Terms & Conditions
- A deposit of one third of the price secures the booking
- Rest payable two months before the start of your holiday
- Weekly price is for 10 people
- Each guest over 10 people costs an extra £80 per week.
- Maximum 6 children in a party
- Maximum 10 adults in a party
- Maximum 14 people in total