Interested in learning more abut Italian cooking? One, two or three day cooking courses are available for guests staying on the Tuscan Umbrian border at our holiday villas. The cookery lessons take place at Calagrana restaurant with chef Alberto Chiappa. Alberto trained in Milan and worked in London for many years at several restaurants including his own; Black Pepper in Lavender Hill. In 2005, Alberto moved to Umbria where his new restaurant became an immediate success. Everyone on the course becomes fully involved with the whole preparation and cooking. Alberto and his English wife Elinor who works with him are both friendly and welcoming. Afterwards enjoy the food prepared (by you) in the restaurant. A detailed booklet including all the receipes is given to all participants. Space on the courses is limited so do book early. To book please and for information on prices please contact: Emma by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we only offer this particular service for clients of Gorgacce Rentals, when asking for this service please tell us the name of the person who has booked the villa.
One Day Course
- Chicken liver and pancetta salad served with roasted polenta.
- Aubergine tortelloni with a butter and thyme sauce.
- Roasted chicken leg boned and filled with a mousse of chicken, black truffle, croutons and “lardo di colonnata” served with potatoes.
- Williams and a spinach timbale.
Two and Three Day Courses
- Antipasti, a selection of hot and cold antipasti incorporating seasonal ingredients when appropriate
- Fresh pasta, ravioli, taglitelle, tagliolini and more.
Main courses and accompaniments.
- Prepare two or three dishes with vegetables and sauces.
- Kitchen basics like how to bone a chicken and make marinades.
The side vegetable could be a spinach timbale or a peperonata or others using seasonal vegetables.
- Learn the basic recipes of sponge, sweet paste and crème patissier.
- Using these basics we shall make two or three desserts and sauces.
- Many ideas for other desserts using the basic receipes.